Monday, September 8, 2014

Pizza Box Mailboxes


Linking up with 4th Grade Frolics for a Monday Made It to kick off the school year!
When I began setting up my new classroom a few weeks ago, I realized that I had no mailboxes. Instead of utilizing my yearly teacher funds to purchase new ones, I decided I needed to get creative.

I had read several posts about teachers using shipping boxes for creating mailboxes and while I really liked the ideas - I also really wanted to try and figure out a free way to get some if possible.

That was when I ran across this post from Teach Preschool about how she used pizza boxes to create student drying racks. 

Thus, the hubs and I set out to visit our local Papa Johns.
And boy did we hit the jackpot.


We squished 26 pizza boxes into his tiny trunk and we were on our way. And did I mention the best part- when I explained what I wanted to do with them, the super kind manager gave all of them to us for absolutely free!


Once we got home, the hubs cut off the front portion of each box, and then I put/stacked them all together.

Once ready, it was heavy duty taping time.


Then I added labels to the inside of each box to correspond to student numbers. (It also covered up the red and black numbers left behind that were kind of an eye sore!)


Once I transported them to school, I added a little bulletin board paper and borders around the outside to blend in a bit more with our classroom decor.


And finally I placed them in this quaint little counter cubby to be easily accessed by my students each day!


And there you have it! Pizza box student mailboxes - a cheap (free), sturdy, and easy alternative if and when you need em'!



17 comments:

  1. Great idea! If I didn't have some already I'd totally do that!

    What I Have Learned

    ReplyDelete
  2. These looks amazing! Super great idea! {obviously unused pizza boxes, yes?}

    ReplyDelete
  3. That works perfectly! And preserves your funds for something exciting later! Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are really looking great in photos. I am getting custom pizza boxes for my own brand

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is anything but difficult to discover these boxes, and any customization can be initiated in accordance with the inventiveness and originality of the customer’s item.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's better to reuse these boxes and I think it's easy to utilize them for making box stuff. Looking forward to read more.
    Get pizza box quote here now

    ReplyDelete
  7. Get the most exciting and Custom Pizza Boxes in all shapes and sizes by OXO Packaging with all types of designs and layouts as per your needs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read your blog. your blog was very helpful for me. Here I want to introduce my business which is related to packaging Custom Pizza Boxes.These days the demand for pizzas has been increased during the pandemic. Only durable and secure Pizza packaging can save the product from all kinds of impurities. We are offering many cheap and affordable offers and deals that will prove budget-friendly. You can get Custom Pizza Boxes bulk by customizing them at reasonable and affordable prices.
    Custom Coffee Packaging
    Popcorn Boxes Wholesale
    Cupcake Boxes Wholesale
    Custom Burger Boxes

    ReplyDelete
  9. awww very kind manager who gave you free pizza boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Durable corrugated board custom pizza boxes which will Protect Pizza

    ReplyDelete
  11. alicias keys is a Grammy winner, is one of today’s most engaging figures in popular music. Keys, a musical prodigy who turned professional at the age of 15, has progressed from pianist to soul-pop superstar, producing four multi-platinum albums to date. With her Keep A Child Alive organization, she’s become a genuinely multidimensional force in pop culture as a musician, singer, producer, and philanthropist.

    FabFilter Total Bundle Crack is a collection of all FabFilter plugins. With this kit you get our professional equalizer, reverb, compressor, multiband speaker, limiter, de-esser and gate / expander, creative multiband distortion, delays, filters and synthesizers with FabFilte Torrent.fabfilter Crack

    crackabout softwares
    crackabout serial keys
    crackabout windows softwares
    crackabout android softwares
    crackabout windows iso

    ReplyDelete
  12. SLR Shipping Services is a leading Multimodal and International Freight Forwarding & Logistics company in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. To know more check our website.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Want to check how domains run on the same IP address? Choose the best reverse IP domain checker by SEOGYANS and get instant results.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It’s a very informative post.we are providing custom printed pizza boxes in all over USA with shipping services.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Interesting post. All Custom Boxes is providing  custom printed pizza  boxes with full design and cutsomer support and alos with free shipping service

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for sharing this informative post with us. Next Custom Boxes  Provide custom and cost-efficient packaging contact us

    ReplyDelete