Tuesday, December 17, 2013

My Senses Through the Seasons Activity

I am quite elated to share my latest creation with you all! I don't know about you guys, but I have always loved a good paper mini-book that my students could create and read based on a topic we are studying and then take home and keep for more reading there! What makes these mini-books even better is when the students have the opportunity to potentially add some of their own illustrations and writing to increase their ownership of the text!

This being said, I have taken my love for these mini-books and harnessed it in creating my latest pack!

"My Senses Through the Seasons (A Mini-Book Collection)" contains pages for your students to read, color, illustrate, and write about how they utilize their senses to identify each of the four seasons.
Check out this "My Winter Senses" book example:


(Srta. Carlson is clearly a very talented student ;)!)


All of the pages have a small corner image that conveys the theme throughout the book - hence the snowflake for winter.


Each book includes 5 - 1/2 pages for the senses with the sentence frames provided (as pictured above). Also, included is the cover page and intro. and conclusion pages with images that students can color for a total of 8 pages in all for each book.

All book pages come in both English and Spanish in the pack for each of the four seasons!

Not only will these mini-books provide a great, authentic text for your kiddos, but also would serve as wonderful way to review some key vocabulary of the seasons!

Click on the spread to learn more at my TpT store!



Have a great last few days before the much needed winter break!


No comments:

Post a Comment