Saturday, September 21, 2013

Peer Feedback Freebie

In our building over the past few years as part of our school improvement mission we have been encouraged to visit one another's classrooms to gather ideas, provide collegial feedback, etc. As we all know, teaching is all about collaboration and we can improve our practice ten-fold by learning from one another! I have always welcomed others (including my administrators) into my own classroom with open arms, as I was not only excited to share what we were doing with them, but also delighted to have a fresh set of eyes in there to offer suggestions and ideas I may not think of on my own!

That being said, this year I have the opportunity to visit a large variety of different classrooms in my current position. Sometimes I may pop in simply to lend a helping hand and get my "kiddo" fix and others it may be to check out something specific a teacher has requested so that we can collaborate to improve upon it! Furthermore, in the spirit of gleaning ideas from others, I encourage the teachers to check out the rooms and lessons of others too whenever possible!

At the beginning of the year I worked to design a few printables for myself and the staff to utilize if desired when visiting the room of another. Feel free to use them, share them etc., but more importantly I encourage each of you to whenever possible take the time to see what your colleagues are doing- there is a wealth of knowledge within the four walls of your school building that should be shared!

This first one is geared more toward providing peer feedback.


The second is geared more toward jotting ideas down to take back to one's own room!


Click here to get them both!
(Fonts/Graphics: Krista-Wallden, Kimberly Geswein)

Also, on a different note, I wanted to take a moment to share a preview of something special that is in the works for tomorrow...(Use your picture clues ;))


Don't forget to pop in tomorrow for the big reveal! You don't want to miss it!




2 comments:

  1. I think being in other classrooms is one of the most beneficial activities. It is one of the reasons I love the blogworld!
    Laurie
    Chickadee Jubilee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree! It opens the possibilities to see classrooms around the country and even world! I have learned so much from you all!

      Delete