Thursday, August 2, 2012

Vistaprint Vavavoom!



Finally got around to utilizing my Vistaprint groupon today....here are all of the fun things I got for $20 (what I paid)/$80 (what it cost)! 

1. 100 postcards to send to my students before school starts (would have preferred a few less....but I guess I will rock them for years to come). Aren't they cute! (It says "Welcome to 2nd Grade").


2. 50 Parent Magnets (once again, would have loved to get just 25...but I am not sure if I have 25 or 26 students this year...erred on the side of caution! Let's just hope I am in the same classroom next year so that I can use them again!) I plan on handing these out at Parent's Night so they never have an excuse for not getting a hold of me!


The sizing was a little off...(I just got sick of trying to tweak it to be honest----it can be tough work!)...so I think I will just chop off the extra white before handing them out!

3. Tote for Pepe (our class monkey)- I will give credit to the lovely Virginia Duran for this great idea! Each of my students gets to take Pepe home for a week and then they are required to write about their adventures with him and share with the class. This tote is now what they will take him home in and I will put a folder inside as well with the sheet for them to fill out, instructions, etc. The tote says "The Adventures of Pepe" - and of course it has a sock monkey that looks just like him!


4. And this little freebie...not the cutest stamp in the world...but it will serve its purpose, and I figured for free, why not!


So there you have it. My new Vista bling. I will say that customizing it with my own images did end up costing me quite a bit more. I see some of your groupons went a bit further than mine did! Hopefully it will be worth it....now for the 14 day arrival waiting period. 






9 comments:

  1. Looks great. One problem (or BIG problem) I had last year was...piojos! So sending a stuffed animal home freaks me out! We worked on it all year with a few of my girls. At the end of the year, we sang and read the book El piojo y la pulga - funny. We ALMOST did it for the parents - not sure if they would think it was quite so funny with what they went through last year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of my colleagues had a huge issue with those last year as well. I lucked out...so fingers crossed that this year will be the same!

      Delete
  2. 815, holla!

    I love all your stuff. :) I just addressed my back-to-school postcards and now I have to decide what I want to write! I wish I remember what I wrote last year so I don't repeat it... oh wells!

    Marvelous Multiagers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you don't remember, they probably won't remember ;)! Especially your newbies! Maybe just change your other kiddos to a "welcome back" kind of a deal.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for linking up- love the super kids graphics!

    :)
    Christina
    Mrs. Bainbridge's Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,
    I’m your new follower. I am looking forward to reading more on your bilingual class. I am a Newbie Blogger, so I appreciate all of the sharing of advice and ideas. Come on over for a visit sometime.
    Corinna :)
    Teaching Fabulous Firsties!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So adorable! Do you send home a writing prompt with the monkey? If so, what does that look like? Your blog is so helpful! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I do. I usually just send one home that explains the instructions for keeping Pepe for the week and space to write about their adventures with him. This year, I think I am going to make it a little more structured. Once I develop it, I will be sure to share it with all of you!

      Delete
    2. Hi there! I just adore your blog. I am trying to start something similar to your Pepe. Did what you tried this year work? If so, do you mind sharing what you sent home?
      Thanks so much for sharing your great ideas on your blog!
      Lindsey

      Delete