Saturday, May 5, 2012

I have...Who has...? Place Value

So I have seen and utilized a multitude of wonderful "I have...Who has...?" games, and my kids just always have such a blast with them! We just recently finished up our latest place value unit (in Spanish), and I was looking for a fun activity to do to bridge the concepts into English. Enter- "I have...Who has""! I did see a couple already created on TpT, but they were not exactly what I was looking for, for my kiddos, as I needed it to go to the ten thousands place, and I wanted it to be more geared toward them recognizing the value of the numbers and reading them accurately, versus identifying the value presented by blocks (that's the easy part for them). So here is what I came up with:


It includes 30 cards with numbers through the ten thousands place. Currently I have only created it in English as that is the language I did it in with my students, but let me know if you are interested in a Spanish version- and if there is enough interest I would be more than happy to whip it up!

This activity is currently on sale for a whoppin $1 at my TpT store! However in honor of today being Cinco de Mayo, I will give this activity away to the first "cinco" (that's five ;)) people who comment for free. Don't forget to leave me your email address!

We have our "Cinco de Mayo Celebration" tonight at our school. My kids are performing "Tu Ti Ta"- anyone else think that song is just hilarious? Pictures to come!





6 comments:

  1. This is perfect since we have been reviewing place value the last several weeks!

    sunburst541@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!! Can never have enough place value review!

    Emily
    eah719@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great!
    Jknapp6@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great.

    taskcard123@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI Krista!

    This looks great. I love that you went to the ten thousandths with this. I LOVE that song. It makes me giggle every time my son sings it. He performed it last year with his class for preschool graduation. They had such cute movements to go with it.

    Have a fabulous weekend!
    Krista
    mehrtens6@gmail.com
    http://stellar-students.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need this to help me in 2nd grade. I am teaching 2nd for the first time in 28 years.
    susanlulu@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete